Suffered an Injury in an Auto Accident?
Choose the Santa Maria Car Accident Attorneys Who Will Treat Your Case With the Care It Deserves
Dealing with a car accident is harder than many people can imagine. This is especially true for anyone who suffers from a severe injury during a crash. Injuries incur medical expenses, and if you are unable to work while recovering, your injuries could lead to financial problems. Medical bills, repair costs and lost wages are a lot to handle when you are trying to get back on your feet. The Santa Maria car accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Esteban L. Valenzuela & Associates understand your struggles.
Since 1980, our office has represented families struggling to recover from the challenges of an auto accident. We may be able to help you find those responsible, collect evidence and get the compensation you need. Our services focus on our clients’ needs, allowing them to focus on what’s important–healing.
How Does Negligence Lead to Auto Accident Injuries?
The State of California has one of the highest traffic accident rates in the country. In 2017, a total of 197,146 traffic accidents happened in California. These crashes caused over 275,000 injuries and claimed 3,904 lives. Many of these crashes were due to the careless and often negligent actions of some drivers.
- Drinking and Driving: Did you know that one in three traffic fatalities involved a drunk driver? Despite the fact that drinking is illegal across the entire country, some individuals will still get behind the wheel after having a drink.
- Speeding: Since pandemic lockdowns have limited traffic in many areas, speeding has become a big problem. Empty streets are tempting reckless drivers to go faster. However, the faster a vehicle moves, the harder it is to control.
- Distracted Driving: Some drivers try to get things done while they are commuting, but this behavior can lead to disaster. Picking up fallen objects, fiddling with radios, eating and putting on makeup while driving can all lead to a crash.
- Texting while Driving: Another form of distracted driving, this negligent act is very common. Drivers are eight times more likely to have an accident when they are driving while texting. Worse yet, many of these drivers know about the dangers, but text and drive anyway. (Teen Driving Survey and IJSSM)
California law considers actions such as these negligent and reckless. Those who harm others while driving irresponsibly are often liable for the damages they cause. A Santa Maria car accident attorney can help you pursue compensation from these negligent parties.
Who Is Liable for a California Car Accident?
It may surprise you to learn how difficult it can be to sort out who is responsible for a car crash. In a two-car crash, it could be as simple as determining who ran a stoplight. But not all cases are that clear cut.
For instance, rideshare drivers often have complicated insurance situations. Depending on when the crash occurs, an insurance company may not cover the damages in an accident. Drivers who crash while picking up a fare may have coverage under their own insurance or the rideshare’s insurance. If a crash happens as a fare is being transported, then the rideshare company may cover the damages. In some situations, the driver’s insurance may not be valid if they are using their car to rideshare. That can leave you filing a claim with your own insurance. These are just some of the reasons you need to contact an Uber or Lyft accident lawyer if you are involved in such a crash.
Every auto accident is unique, which makes finding the responsible party a complicated task. Often, you must answer several questions to find exactly who is responsible for your injuries.
- Did an error lead to the crash?
- Who committed the error?
- Were any traffic laws violated?
- Did a faulty automotive part cause the incident?
- Was a third-party responsible for the crash?
- Was the other driver insured?
You will also need evidence to back up your claim to the insurance company or in court. These pieces of evidence can include, but are not limited to:
- Medical records
- Police reports
- Witness statements
- Expert analysis
How Can a Santa Maria Car Accident Attorney Help?
Insurance companies are often only interested in their bottom line. Even if you are dealing with your own insurer, the company may try to get you to accept the lowest possible settlement. This can make it hard to get fair compensation that covers your medical costs, lost wages and other damages. You will need an experienced attorney who knows how to negotiate.
You should never accept an insurance company’s first offer. Consult an attorney first. Our experienced Santa Maria car accident attorneys know the tricks insurance companies use. We can help you figure out if the insurance offer is truly fair.
Is the insurance company denying your claim? We can help you fight for the compensation you deserve. Organizing the evidence, contacting experts and building a solid claim can be difficult on your own. Even if your case goes to court, the compassionate and caring attorneys at the Law Offices of Esteban L. Valenzuela & Associates are ready to protect your rights!
Call (805) 608-3743 or fill out our online contact form for a free consultation.